Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms below govern your use of this website and by accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the website.
We may change these terms at any time without notice by updating the terms shown on this website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms each time you enter the website to ensure you are aware of our latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
This website is made available free of charge and for personal use only and is not to be used for any commercial purpose.
You may not copy, reproduce or use any material, including third parties material, names and logos, on this website without our express permission. All copyright and intellectual property is reserved.
On occasions BMW Group will incentivise its Retailers with programmes designed to improve their performance.
INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE.
Whilst we have made every effort to ensure the information on this website is up to date and accurate you must not rely on any information on this website and we do not accept liability if you do. Always check with us for precise information on vehicle model features, specifications and equipment, and in the case of used vehicles, current mileage details before ordering a vehicle.
Words, images and other content on this website are produced without them making any representation or implying any warranty as to suitability of the product or service, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. If you have any doubt as to the suitability of a product or service for your proposed purpose please ask us.
Always check the terms on which any product or service is supplied before making any commitment. Copies of vehicle finance agreements and detailed insurance policies and summaries of cover and other product or service terms are available on request.
We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to offer you finance facilities for your purchase. We will only introduce you to these lenders. We may receive a commission payment from the finance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them. You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations.
You should seek your own independent financial advice in relation to any taxation or accounting matters referred to on this website.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
The provision of details of products and services on this website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or supply such products or services.
All products and services on this website are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. All products and services and all prices are also subject to change without notice.
All finance and hiring facilities are subject to status and available to companies and persons aged 18 or over in the UK only (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Guarantees and indemnities may be required.
All insurance products outlined on this website are administered, underwritten and serviced by carefully selected insurance providers. For all insurance products, certain exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. A full summary of cover and detailed policy terms for each insurance product is available upon request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
These website terms should be read in conjunction with the separate terms and conditions for the sale or supply of the individual products or services which are referred to on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and the specific product or service terms and conditions, the latter shall prevail.
ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK.
The vehicle and product specifications on this website are, unless stated otherwise, for the UK market only. These specifications (including what is optional and what is standard equipment) may vary in other markets. However some vehicle images may be of models supplied in other markets, for example showing left-hand drive, and not reflecting specifications in the UK.
Unless otherwise stated, the finance, leasing and insurance products and services on this website are available only to residents of the UK (excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws in countries outside the UK. If you choose to access this website from outside the UK you are responsible for ascertaining to what extent local laws are applicable and compliance with local laws. Any telephone numbers and charges shown only apply to calls made from within the UK.
This statement describes what type of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
This statement applies to all Group 1 Automotive UK legal entities,
- Group 1 Automotive Inc.
- Group 1 Automotive UK Ltd
- Chandlers Garage Holdings
- Barons Automotive Ltd
- Hodgson Automotive Ltd
- Think One Ltd
- Spire Automotive Ltd
- Beadles Group Ltd
- Beadles Sidcup Ltd
- Beadles Aylesford Limited
- Beadles Medway Limited
- Beadles Dartford Limited
- Beadles Coulsdon Limited
- Walter Holdings Ltd
- Beadles Maidstone Limited
- Robinsons Autostar Garages Limited
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The content of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use Group 1 Automotive websites, applications and our contact centres. We also obtain information about you or your vehicle when you visit our centres. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre (for more information please see our Call Recording Policy);
- "Live chat" records; and
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them). You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the Your Preferences option included in all Group 1 Automotive marketing messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
2. To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services);
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs
3. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, contact centre and local centres are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
4. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above;
5. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
6. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
9. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
10. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
11. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
12. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
13. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets wherever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us, we hold your personal information for 7 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 90 days from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 7 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
How can I manage the information we hold about you
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: Group 1 Automotive, Victoria Road, Portslade, Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1YH
Phone: 01273 423 312
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at email@example.com
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Registered Name: Group 1
Company Registered Number: 01695666
Place of Registration: England
Registered Office Address: First Point St Leonards Road, Allington, Maidstone, Kent, England, ME16 0LS
VAT Number: 252 8539 86
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCA Status Disclosure:Barons Automotive Limited (FRN: 718646) is an Appointed Representative (For both consumer credit and general insurance) of Group 1 Automotive UK Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their FCA number is 453700. Barons Automotive Limited is a Credit Broker and not a lender.
COMPLAINTS PROCESS OF GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE.
At Group 1 Automotive, we are committed to putting our customers first and we strive to deliver excellent customer service every time. Whilst this is our mission, we appreciate that sometimes things go wrong. We view complaints and feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT.
Complaints may be made to us in person or via telephone, email or in writing using the details below:Click here for our address
Telephone: 01954 574 739
To allow us to handle your complaint as quickly and efficiently as possible, please provide us with the following information where possible:
- Your full name
- Your contact details – including telephone number, address and email address (if applicable)
- The BMW or MINI Centre that you have been dealing with
- An explanation of your feedback, complaint or question
- How you believe we can resolve your complaint
- Your vehicle registration number (if applicable)
RESPONDING TO COMPLAINTS.
You will receive an acknowledgement from us that your complaint has been received. In acknowledging receipt of your complaint, we will give an indication of how long it will take to send you a detailed response and which member of staff is progressing your complaint.
In most cases, we would aim to provide a full reply within four weeks. However, this may not always be possible, especially if we need to obtain further information. If it proves impossible to send a detailed answer to your complaint within the time originally indicated we will contact you again explaining the reason why and to tell you when you will receive a full response.
All complaints will be managed to conclusion by the manager responsible for the area to which your complaint relates, who will ensure there is a detailed investigation into your complaint. All complaint information will be handled responsibly and confidentially. This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Group 1 Automotive are subscribed to The Motor Ombudsman for New/Used Cars and Service & Repair. The Chartered Trading Standards Institute and The Motor Ombudsman (a self-regulatory body for the automotive sector) are partners, providing Government-backed codes of practice for garages.
As a consumer, if a non-financial services related dispute arises that cannot be resolved between us within a reasonable timescale, there is an alternative platform to pursuing through court. The Motor Ombudsman is an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider which will provide you with free impartial advice and Group 1 Automotive Ltd are fully committed to any correspondence with them. For details of this service you can call the dedicated consumer advice Line on 0345 241 3008, visit www.themotorombudsman.org or write to; The Motor Ombudsman 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN.